200 Smith DRive
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have one year of permanent service as a Nurse 2;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under § 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title within two (2) salary grades of G-16, and have a passing score and current status on the Nurse 2 eligible list to be eligible for transfer under § 70.4 of the Civil Service Law;
Must be active and have a reachable score on the Nurse 2 eligible list.
To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with other application materials.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work collaboratively with the team of ADK Clinic nurses to provide the following services to OPWDD individuals under our care.
This nurse would serve multiple roles.
• Primarily, responsible for entering existing medication prescription refills for electronic signature by clinicians and confirm accuracy when needed.
• Secondarily, to administer tube medications and tube feeds in the Adirondack Day Hab that DSPs cannot administer. As well as manage the medication administration record and general upkeep and stocking of the day hab medications room
• Thirdly, Complete medication Medicare and Medicaid prior authorizations
• Be available to assist in the duties of the RN2 as described below:
- Provide/prepare for routine and emergent individuals care including assessing/triaging individuals and obtaining vital signs, EKGs, performing finger-sticks, catheterizations, IM and subcutaneous injections (immunizations, Prolia, B-12, Haldol, etc), assisting with minor procedures and annual physicals, helping with Eye Clinic, etc.
- Process orders, consultation forms, prescriptions, etc. generated from above visits correctly and in a timely manner. This also includes creating/processing referrals to outside specialty providers.
- Triage incoming phone calls, labs, mail, email and consults ensuring timely follow up by practitioner and compliance with Article 16 rules.
- Organize practitioner work-load in an equitable manner throughout the day
- Be liaison between Residential RNs/staff and Clinic practitioners (and other Article 16 practitioners as necessary) to ensure individuals needs are met in a timely manner.
- Create laboratory requisitions/prescriptions for routine and PRN lab work using correct ICD codes.
- Draw/process labs including blood, urine, stool, cytology and pathology specimens.
- Sterilize reusable equipment as appropriate and perform monthly testing and routine maintenance of sterilizer.
- Maintain up-to-date supplies for minor procedures, lab draws, immunizations, sterilizer/EKG/INR machines, etc.
- Maintain Immunization and Lab fridges/freezers including monitoring temperature, cleaning and defrosting as needed.
- Maintain OSHA standards and supplies, including laundering gowns and towels as needed and packaging biohazardous waste and arranging for pick-up as needed.
- Cover for Medical Records and Clinic Secretaries as needed including answering phones, scheduling appts, copying, faxing, accepting deliveries, etc.
- Laundering of linens and towels used in the exam rooms
- Perform other Clinic tasks as needed.
Additional Comments Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the increased hiring salary and geographic pay differential. Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($54,903), Increased Hiring Salary ($14,350), and Geographic Differential ($20,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($69,882) for PS&T Grade 16.
• This position may also be filled at the Nurse 1 level. Candidates hired at the entry-level title (Nurse 1) may be advanced to the full-performance level (Nurse 2) following satisfactory completion of one-year of service. To be eligible for appointment to Nurse 1, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license AND have a score that is reachable for appointment on the Nurse 1 eligible list. The hiring rate for Nurse 1 in this location is $82,806, which includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($49,202) along with an Increased Hiring Salary ($13,328) and Geographic Differential ($20,000).
• Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 are filled via a continuous recruitment examination. Information about this examination can be found on the Department of Civil Service's Website at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/nursing/
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave initially.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.