ESP, Corning Tower rm 1861
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent status in a title at or above G-23 and deemed eligible to transfer to Facilities Planner 2, G-23 under Section 70.1 of the NYS Civil Service Law.
Minimum of 5 years' experience as an Assistant Architect (G20), a Bachelors degree in or related to architecture or engineering as well as experience in health care design, including but not limited to hospitals, nursing homes and health treatment areas.
Duties Description The incumbent will report to senior staff within the Bureau of Architecture and Engineering Review and supervise subordinant staff. They will work independently to manage and oversee Certificate of Need (CON) project reviews as well as review highly technical construction documents for new construction and rehabilitation of existing facilities, including architecture/engineering reports, and building assessments. The incumbent will provide technical interpretations and guidance for various stages of desigh, and for issues relating to existing conditions. Provide technical assistance and recommendations to unit staff, NYSDOH staff including field staff, and client representatives. Consult with regulatory agencies regarding interpretations and applicability, keep abreast of state and federal code, rules, regulations, and facility standards. The incumbent will also assist with improvements to the bureau's policies and procedures for quality and efficacy as well as undertake special assignments as directed.
Additional Comments This position requires proof of vaccination from COVID-19
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference CGE/51507/FP2 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, CGE/51507/FP2, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes accepted until August 31,2022.