Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be an employee of the Office of the State Comptroller and eligible for appointment from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidate must have one year or permanent service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 12 or above.
Duties Description Review and process Direct Deposit Returns, Reversals, Deletes, and Reissues
• Review and process incoming direct deposit returns.
• Receive and process incoming direct deposit deletes and reversals.
• Provide notification to payroll officers of direct deposit returns and the status of requested deletes and reversals. 4) Provide direct deposit assistance to agencies.
• Scan and file daily direct deposit documents.
• Receive and process incoming reissuance requests for direct deposit returns.
• Assist with completing journal transactions in SFS and preparing bulk load files as appropriate.
Review and process incoming AC-3340 Stop and Reissue forms for payroll checks
• Review and approve incoming Stop Payment requests.
• Provide notification to payroll officers on the status of the stop and reissued paychecks.
• Provide assistance to agencies completing these requests.
• Query and upload data to database repositories as appropriate.
Assists with the State’s annual payroll check outreach and escheatment process
• Process and key returned outreach form information into PayServ.
• Contact agencies and/or employees for additional documentation when necessary.
• Track all escheatment forms and transactions.
Assist other sections within Deductions as necessary
• Provide support with data entry, analysis, running/processing queries, written documentation, inquiries from various stakeholders and research as needed.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Excellent analytical and organization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail orientated, and produces an accurate and timely work product
• Works well independently and in a team environment
• Ability to respond to written inquiries and telephone calls from NYS employees, NYS agencies and vendors
• Ability to analyze and review weekly deduction query results
• Ability to prepare timely, accurate, thoughtful deduction related research
• Ability to locate, research, communicate and document any discrepancies or unusual circumstances
• Ability to reconcile complex business reports and identify discrepancies
• Ability to provide training and guidance to employees
• Ability to assess multiple competing priorities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than August 21, 2022. Please reference Item #02187 -OER-DG when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The OER ID # should not be included.