1450 Western Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must have permanent status as Research Scientist 3 (SG-25), and be interested in transfer; OR possess a Bachelor’s Degree and four years of professional research experience in the appropriate field; OR possess a Master’s Degree and three years of such experience; OR hold a doctorate in the appropriate field and one year of such experience.
Duties Description DUTIES
The Research Scientist 3 will play a critical role in the division of Addiction Treatment and Recovery and one of the leads in performing various data management and analytical functions and evaluation to support priority projects including but not limited to:
• Assisting in monitoring and managing the current Substance Use Disorder National and statewide performance and outcomes measures
• Having an understanding of the treatment billing process
• Analyzing the Provider Network Data System (PNDS) and Network Adequacy data system
• Working on Medicaid Managed Care Operational Reports
• Research and development of new performance and outcomes measures
• Understand and evaluate Encounter Data Submissions and the Post Adjudicated Claims Data Reporting
• Working with other state agencies, universities, and National entities in researching substance use disorder treatment and outcomes
• Other Applicable duties as assigned
Needed skills include Strong analytical skill. Strong verbal communication and writing ability. Experience with Medicaid data bases, proficiency in Microsoft tools (excel, PowerPoint, word), proficiency in SAS and SQL coding. Experience in development of statistical dashboard.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave., 4th floor