Minimum Qualifications • Seven (7) years of experience in contract management, operations management, finance, or related field.
• A Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business, Public Policy, or a related field and three (3) years of experience described above. A Master's degree in Public Administration, Business, Public Policy, or a related field may substitute for an additional year of experience.
• Experience in state or local government contracting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Experience in Health and Human Services (HHS)
Duties Description Under the direction of the IES Financial Analyst, the Contract Manager will manage and oversee large vendor contracts with NYS ITS/IES contracts, supporting the Financial Analyst with budget, claiming, spend tracking and Purchase Orders (POs). The Contract Manager will provide guidance to program staff and vendors/contractors to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met, including but not limited to Service Level Agreements (SLAs); perform reviews of contract implementation and performance; monitor the invoice payment process for assigned contracts; monitor purchasing process; propose changes to existing program guidelines for vendor management or assist in the development of new guidelines; work closely with project teams on deliverable acceptance, and participate in the bidder debriefing sessions and or evaluation committees.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage IES Contracts such as Systems Integrators (SI), Project Based Information Technology (PBITS), and other procurement vehicles;
• Serve as a liaison between vendor’s Contract Managers and IES leadership staff;
• Review, track and monitor vendor invoices against contract requirements;
• Track and report on vendor performance and compliance;
• Escalate contract risks to leadership;
• Monitor and track invoices;
• Coordinate onboarding and clearances for vendor resources;
• Monitor, track and report out on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
• Assist with monitoring, tracking and reporting on current IES spend;
• Assist with monitoring and tracking IES claiming for Federal reporting;
• Assist with coordination and tracking of IES purchases;
• Assist with development of the IES Application Planning Document (APD);
• Assist with State Financial System (SFS) transactions such as purchase orders;
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Low-cost and competitive health insurance plan choices
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• Up to 13 days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to 8 days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 13 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics. When submitting your response, please use an email subject line with only the following information: Last Name, First Name - Vacancy ID number - Position Title for which you are applying.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. This position will require proof of credentials, fingerprinting and a background check. All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.