Core 4, Floor 5
Minimum Qualifications A Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the application of internal controls and/or risk management principles; the implementation or maintenance of an enterprise risk management or internal controls program; application of a compliance or audit program; evaluating operational risk, continuous improvement, quality control management, or reviewing enterprise-wide exposure; or related field. Extensive knowledge of agency operations and relevant legislative and regulatory environments.
A master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience.
Duties Description This position will serve as the agency’s Internal Control Officer responsible for establishing and maintaining an internal control program that integrates the control activities, plans, attitudes, policies, systems, resources, and efforts of the Office of Information Technology Services to provide reasonable assurance that the agency will achieve its mission and objectives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the Office of Internal Controls and Policy Administration.
• Maintain a system of internal control and a program of internal control review that complies with all requirements of the NYS Internal Control Act.
• Establish and maintain guidelines for a system of internal controls that are in accordance with internal control standards.
• Make available to each officer and employee of the agency a clear and concise statement of the generally applicable management policies and standards with which they are expected to comply.
• Implement education and training efforts to ensure that all employees achieve adequate awareness and understanding of risk and control concepts.
• Prepare annual certifications for various control agencies (DOB, OSC, and SFS).
• Provide consultative support to agency managers to assist them in meeting internal control requirements.
• Review and analyze existing activities, policies, and procedures to present and report policy and plan implementation recommendations to Executive staff.
• Identify internal control weaknesses and implement effective solutions, as appropriate.
• Facilitate the agency’s process for drafting, review and approval of policies, standards, and guidelines.
• Ensure policies, standards, and guidelines support the agency’s mission and align with the agency’s strategic direction.
• Perform periodic reviews of existing policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure relevancy.
• Serve on the ITS Central Business Glossary Review Board.
• Represent the agency on internal control matters with external organizations, such as the NYS Internal Control Association.
• Establish cooperative liaisons with other Internal Control Officers and control agencies to further enhance the agency’s ability to learn of best practices for possible implementation.
• Work cooperatively with the agency’s Internal Audit Department to identify and mitigate agency risk.
Additional Comments All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status through a secure online portal, if vaccinated.
Background check and fingerprinting are required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Corning Tower, Floor 26
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear and concise resume and cover letter to the attention of Kristin Adiletta, no later than August 21, 2022, and indicate that you are applying for Internal Controls Officer (Special Assistant) Ref #70134. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.