Minimum Qualifications License to practice dentistry in New York State and four (4) years of experience in the practice of dentistry.
Experience in the review of dental records to determine appropriateness and quality of services, and compliance with established standards; basic computer skills including MS Word and experience in the preparation of narrative reports. The preferred candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duties Description Responsibilities may include some or all of the following: review and make determinations on Medicaid prior approval requests received for dental services; review, evaluate, resolve and adjudicate dental claims pended for manual review; respond to questions from health care providers concerning Medicaid policies and guidelines; respond to questions including resolutions of complaints; conduct audits and reviews of Medicaid providers to ensure compliance with program requirements; identify aberrant practices by providers and/or recipients and make necessary referrals for investigation; prepare written material for administrative fair hearings; examine patient records to assess quality of care received; prepare written reports regarding providers’ adherence to requirements of the Medicaid program; and provide oral testimony on the State’s behalf at hearings, court proceedings and licensing boards.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference JGL/PHD/90510 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/PHD/90510, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.