Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Reassignment Requirement: You must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11, or Secretary 1.
Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title (SG-6 or above).
Administrative Assistant Trainee 2 Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have successfully completed the 52 weeks of service as an Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 and successfully completed the four core administrative support courses.
Administrative Assistant 1 Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have either one year of service in a clerical title (SG-9 or above) or completion of a two-year traineeship and successfully completed the four core administrative support courses and the four elective administrative support courses, as designated by the agency.
Keyboarding requirement: Candidates who are not transferring from a keyboarding title must possess adequate keyboarding skills (i.e., the ability to type 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy) as demonstrated by passing the Keyboarding Performance Test.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required for this position. If you receive a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY for this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
• Strong administrative experience required
• Ability to book hotels, travel, and manage expense accounts
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Outlook to schedule meetings, as well as Intellicred, ePTF, eReq, ShopBlue, UBBox, SLATE
• Strong skills in managing purchases
• Customer service skills necessary
• Ability to perform independently with minimal supervision
Duties Description Position Summary:
The Department of Orthodontics seeks to fill a full-time Administrative Assistant 1 position to serve as the principal administrative support person to the Chairman and Graduate Program Director at the School of Dental Medicine.
The incumbent will have the following key duties:
• Serve as the Assistant for Orthodontics Chair and Graduate Program Director
• Serve as Office Manager for department
• Provide Department HR administrative support with searches and reappointments and related tasks
• Serve as a liaison between Chair and Graduate Program Director with postdoctoral students in the graduate program
• Coordinate schedules for department faculty, staff and postdoctoral students including meetings for the Chair and Graduate Program Director
• Place and reconcile supply orders for orthodontic clinic
• Setup and monitor standing purchase orders
• Monthly reconciliation of p-cards
• Assist with orthodontic clinic front desk tasks when requested by Chair
• Ensure faculty and staff remain in compliance with various School, University, and DOH requirements including continuing education, certification, and credentialing
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The School of Dental Medicine is committed to the University at Buffalo’s mission to promote diversity and a climate welcoming of a diverse faculty, staff and students and to foster and sustain a working and learning environment where each member of the community can succeed.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.