360 Forest Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Psychiatrist 2:
Must possess a license to practice medicine in New York State and certification in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or by a foreign board which is clearly equivalent in its requirements.*
Must possess a license to practice medicine in New York State and proof of satisfactory completion of a training program in psychiatry approved by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for entrance into their certifying examination.*
*Must be eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs which must be maintained for continued employment. Failure to do so will result in the termination of employment.
OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers are Tobacco Free Facilities.
Duties Description DUTIES
The incumbent is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Review preadmission information to make an initial determination if the patient is potentially psychiatrically appropriate for an admission interview and enter appropriate documentation in patient record.
• Meet with patients to complete a psychiatric evaluation and record it in patient record.
• Author Physician Orders to include dosage form, frequency, route, dose, reason for medication, and duration.
• Provide consultation to staff on managing patients with co-occurring disorders.
• Re-write Physicians Orders every 28 days.
• Provide psychotherapy as able.
• Author discharge scripts for patients leaving treatment for a limited period until the patient can meet with medical provider in community.
• Participate in activities to improve patient care.
• Assist other medical staff with admissions and meeting day-to-day medical needs of patients, allowing for greater person-centered care.
• The incumbent will be a member of the multidisciplinary team, providing treatment services to alcohol and substance abuse disordered patients in a 33-bed inpatient rehabilitation program.
• Work with insurance companies to ensure continuity of care and regarding reimbursement issues as needed.
• Participate regularly in Treatment Team meetings.
• Use of a computer is required.
Additional Comments Psychiatrist 1 - $209,993
Psychiatrist 2 - $220,817
Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 13 State holidays per year.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice .
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please submit a copy of your resume and a completed NYS App found at https://www.cs.ny.gov/announarchive/applications.cfm. Please email these documents to David.Jacobson@OASAS.NY.GOV.