Empire State Plaza, Biggs Laboratory
Minimum Qualifications "Permanent Transfer Candidates: Current New York State Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent permanent, competitive status as an Office Assistant 1, Grade 6, OR a New York State employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent permanent, competitive, service in a title at or above Grade 4, and deemed eligible for transfer to Office Assistant 1, Grade 6, under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service's Beginning Office Assistant eligible list#26-711 with a score of 100 or higher, OR qualified 55 b/c candidate.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and SFS. Good communication skills, organization and time-management skills. Familiar with clerical functions, logging and documenting transactions. Ability to read, understand and apply laws, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines without detailed direction. Ability to perform tasks accurately within prescribed time frames and excellent attention to detail.
Duties Description The Office Assistant 1 will be responsible for supporting the Wadsworth Center's purching unit. The incumbent will perform tasks and activities in the processing of purchase orders for the purpose of purchasing supplies, materials, equipment, repairs, and various maintenance services. Illustrative duties include, but are not limited to: review of purchase request for completness and compliance of NYS Finance Laws and DOH rules and regulations, gathering data from various web sites for best price practices using preferred source, OGS contracts or open competitive vendor resources, contact vendors to resolve pricing/shipping discrepancies, and perform purchase requisition entry in to the appropriate purchase system.
Additional Comments Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference NMH/OA1/11029 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/OA1/11029, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until October 6, 2022.