Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Open and close skate rental facility.
• Collect skate rental fees; accept cash or credit card payments and make change for cash customers.
• Balance cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
• Assist customers with skate sizes.
• Maintain daily inventory of rental skates.
• Inspect rental skates to ensure there is no apparent damage.
• Operate skate sharpening machines (training provided).
• Provide information about facilities, skate rink events, and rules and regulations.
• Assist in maintaining clean conditions within the rental facility.
• Ensure safe skating is upheld at the ice rink.
• Perform light custodial duties.
• Provide excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a team and independently.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside.
• Experience in a cash-handling position.
• Ability to skate.
Shift: Various shifts Sunday through Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Comments NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.