Minimum Qualifications • In title as a Senior Physical Therapist 1, Grade 18;
• Eligible for a 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Senior Physical Therapist by the Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades of a grade 18).
• Licensed and currently registered to practice Physical Therapy in New York State AND have one year of post licensure physical therapy experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Senior Physical Therapist will work under the direction of the Head Physical Therapist as part of a interdisciplinary clinical team that support the individuals at their homes, in the community, and state operated day habilitation programs to maximize the safety and independence of the individuals and direct support staff.
The duties of the Senior Physical Therapist include but are not limited to:
1. Provide physical therapy consults and screens
2. Conduct physical therapy evaluations, develop a treatment plan and deliver direct physical therapy services through IPSIDD and Article 16 clinic
3. Provide wheelchair and other equipment evaluations and write letters of medical necessity to obtain the equipment
4. Attend clinical team meetings, life plan meetings, and medical appointments for the individuals 5. Provide trainings for residential and day habilitation program staff for any mobility support recommendations and Safe Movement Handling Policy Trainings including New Employee Orientation
6. Other projects as assigned
Daily travel is necessary throughout Saratoga, Washington, and Warren Counties.
The Senior Physical Therapist should be familiar with using Electronic Health Records, Microsoft Word and Excel documents.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.