Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
High School diploma and two years of experience in the construction, design, operation, and repair of special machines, tools, and/or equipment fabricated for laboratory use.
Associate degree and one year of machining experience (wood & metalworking) with a variety of precision tools, e.g., lathe, CNC milling, routers, grinder table saws, band saws, belt sanders, grinders, etc.
Duties Description Position Summary:
UB’s School of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ (SEAS) Shared Instrumentation Laboratories (SIL) seeks a skilled machinist for its Engineering Machine Shop. This individual will provide services involving design and fabrication of fittings, assemblies and equipment for faculty research and student projects, training and oversight of student clubs and other users of shop tools and equipment, and contribute to development and delivery of course materials focused on expanding undergraduate student experiential learning of machining tools and techniques. The incumbent will provide design and consultation service to faculty, student and staff including:
• designing, drafting and developing components and equipment?
• machine, fabricate and assemble components and equipment for undergraduate labs, courses, graduate theses and sponsored or unsponsored research by faculty and students?
• develop, design, repair, operate and/or maintain laboratory devices and apparatus used for research and instruction?
• design and/or modify laboratory equipment according to instructions from researchers in varying disciplines who describe the general nature of the experiment to be conducted and the type of equipment needed for the experiment? and
• work closely with researchers throughout the testing and modifying of the laboratory equipment process to ensure that the equipment meets the requirements for the laboratory procedure.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.