Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Habilitation Specialist 2, grade 17:
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Habilitation Specialist 2:
3. Eligible for 70.1 Transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Habilitation Specialist 2 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title). OR
4. Qualified for a provisional* appointment to Habilitation Specialist 2. (Minimum Qualifications are one-
year permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1). Applications will only be considered if we have insufficient applicants in the above categories.
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
- When applying, please furnish a current daytime telephone number.
- Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
- At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
- Please submit a current resume with your application detailing your education & experience that reflects your
familiar with the above-referenced duties & responsibilities.
Duties Description • Responsible for Supervising Habilitation Specialist 1’s.
• Develop Residential Habilitation Plans that address the outcomes as reflected in the ISP as well as the needs and interests of assigned individuals. Plans will address independence, integration, individualization and productivity.
• Develop and maintain house-specific and individual-specific Plans of Protective Oversight.
• Provide oversight to assigned homes and bring issues/concerns to the attention of appropriate team members.
• Provide guidance to all direct care staff in all areas related to Residential Habilitation.
• Develop Personal Expenditure Plan for each individual ensuring that individuals’ desires and interests are met and money is budgeted to meet such.
• Ensure all Residential Habilitation documents are filed in the individual’s records, in proper order, and that records are neatly maintained per regulation and policy.
• Provide input to the House Manager and/or Recreation staff in the planning of community inclusion activities that are appropriate to each individual’s interests and abilities.
• Other duties to be discussed at time of interview and as assigned.
NOTE: Travel may be required.
Additional Comments Please reference the above EOA # 22-254 in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies. Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.