Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: Bachelor's degree.
Relevant Experience desired: 5 years of work experience, with a focus on data science/analytics, geographic information science/analytics, urban planning/design/data, economics, research, or related fields.
Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills; proficiency with cleaning, manipulating, and merging public, proprietary, and internal data sets for analysis.
Knowledge of research methods and techniques, concepts and methods of statistical analysis, principles and practices in geographic information systems, spatial data, analysis, and related technology.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
This position is responsible for data gathering and reporting on all reporting for the ConnectALL office/Division of Broadband Access, specifically focused on program evaluation and reporting on impact. This position will also lead statewide and locally based research and data collection efforts for CAO programs, and coordinate across agencies as needed.
• Oversee all research, data analysis, and reporting on CAO programs, specifically focused on evaluation program success and impact; define and enforce coordinated reporting processes and protocols
• Develop high-level dashboards for cross-project and cross-program reporting
• Conduct complex data and geospatial analysis on broadband availability, affordability, and adoption; summarize and present findings to inform CAO strategic priorities and program design
• Develop and oversee comprehensive data strategy for CAO, including procurement of large datasets, strategy for secure storage of confidential program and partner data, interagency data sharing, software platforms and tools to support research and data analysis, etc.
• Oversee design of grant program to support locally based research and data collection efforts, including defining technical and legal requirements, applicant eligibility, application requirements, evaluation and selection process, and reporting strategies
• Create evaluation metrics and tools to assess applications to research and data collection grant program
• Oversee technical assistance program for potential research and data gathering grantees
• Provide ad hoc advisory support and subject matter expertise for Broadband Deployment team's technical assistance programs
• Work across agencies to support ongoing mapping, data gathering, and research work, including coordination to determine the State's approach to the FCC map challenge process
• Provide support and subject matter expertise to ensure that CAO public surveying efforts are statistically robust, and that data is safeguarded responsibly
• Prepare material, including data visualizations, for reports and presentations related to CAO efforts
• Other tasks as needed to implement the Governor's ConnectALL agenda
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY