Duties Description • LPNs at OPWDD, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, are involved in the treatment of people with developmental disabilities;
• LPNs administer medications and injections; perform tube feedings; hang IVs; collect blood samples (if certified for venipuncture); observe patients and report changes in their conditions; take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; obtain specimens for analysis; and perform other medical procedures as ordered by a physician;
• As a LPN, a candidate must be able to prepare and apply simple dressings; bathe and feed individuals; and care for people in their living quarters by performing such tasks as making beds, changing linens, lifting and moving; and care for any personal needs.
Additional Comments Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for ISU Grade 10 ($39,653), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($4,000) and increased Hiring Rate ($5,148). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate) includes the previously mentioned Geographic Differential.
For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• As a participating agency in the Health Care and Mental Hygiene Worker Bonus Program (HWB), direct care employees may be eligible to earn up to $3000 in bonuses for qualifying service if they meet specific requirements including continuous service during the appropriate vesting periods. For more information on the program, please contact 607-240-4786.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture, and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.