Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor's degree in business, liberal arts, and sciences; Master's degree preferred in business, public administration, liberal arts, social sciences, urban planning, or similar fields.
Relevant experience desired: Minimum 5 years' direct, extensive experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, related business, not-for-profit area. Experience with federally funded or state-funded programs is desired.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State's geography and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through is highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Lead the activities of the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) project team during the entire analysis and approval process. This position will ensure the effective management of all New York State's federally funded State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) program and include the supervision of SSBCI program staff. Federal funding for this position is anticipated for a ten-year timeframe.
· Provide management throughout the life cycle of the federally funded SSBCI Programs, including initial development, launch, and oversight of all projects and programs supported with the SSBCI federal funding. This will require both high-level strategic planning and detail-focused program management skill sets.
· Directly supervise, provide guidance, and oversee project management duties of SSBCI Project Manager(s) and related support team.
· Responsible for tracking/compiling project-specific reporting requirements for SSBCI-funded projects; notify Grantees when non-compliant.
· Review disbursement requests/compliance for projects funded through SSBCI.
· Present written and oral summaries of project activity to executive management including ESD's Chairman and Chief Operating Officer.
· Prepare project materials and analysis for Board of Directors' consideration.
· Negotiate contracts with recipients.
· Oversee grant disbursements and monitor grantees' compliance with contract requirements.
· Ability to work independently on complex and confidential projects without detailed instruction.
· Coordinate with SSBCI project team in the preparation of materials presented to ESD Directors, letters, memorandums, disbursement agreements, project status reports and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects.
· Review requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, work with project attorneys for loan closings, and oversee grant disbursements.
· Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as scheduling public hearings, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing data and budget information.
· Other projects as assigned by the SSBCI Senior Team.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY