321 Manor Road
Minimum Qualifications This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
REPOST – PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY FOR CONSIDERATION
Two (2) years of permanent experience as a Maintenance Supervisor 1 (or similar title), SG-14 or higher salary grade in operations and maintenance to include full-time direct supervision of two (2) or more employees.
Four (4) years of permanent experience in a maintenance title series as an SG-12 or higher salary grade to include experience supervising two (2) or more employees, on at least three (3) large scale projects (such as office construction, HVAC installation, space renovations, etc.).
An Associate’s degree in a related field of study and six (6) years of full-time experience supervising facilities and operations staff of a large facility or complex (comprised of 75,000 square feet or larger).*
Must be at least 18 years old and have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be able to read and write in English.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – MSWord and Excel.
Must possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of New York. Must report any changes to supervisory chain and State Human Resources (MNHS).
May be required to acquire and maintain a military driver’s license to operate military vehicles and equipment in accordance with NGB standards to include medical evaluation requirements – current and as amended.
Ability to work comfortably at heights such as climbing ladders, working on scaffolds, platforms and lifts.
Ability to push, pull, lift and carry heavy objects and equipment (50+ lbs).
Ability to work in confined spaces in accordance with requirements and training.
Ability to work outside in various temperatures and inclement weather for extended periods of time.
Must be able to operate and maintain tools, machinery and equipment required for craft to which assigned.
Required to have or successfully complete within 90 days of receiving computer access, all training associated with assigned data systems such as SFS, GFEBS and the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) and/or other computer training as related to duty assignments. Should related regulations, procedures and requirements change, additional training and/or certifications may be required.
In accordance with NGB standards, will be required to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation, and have an appropriate clearance to allow access to computer networks and restricted areas to determine suitability, loyalty, and trustworthiness. Minimally a National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI) will be completed - dependent on current regulation, a SECRET clearance may be required.
* Other combinations of education and work experience, including military, may be considered with a minimum combined total of eight (8) years of experience where at least six (6) included full-time supervision of facilities and operations staff of a large facility or complex. Candidate must demonstrate direct relevance to the job duty requirements noted above.
At all times, the employee MUST maintain minimum standards in accordance with current, and as amended, agency, statutory and NGB requirements and directives; failure to do so will subject the individual to disciplinary action, including possible termination.
NOTE: Position standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the position described. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by the incumbent. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Position Standards were written. Please contact State Human Resources Management for any further information regarding the position requirements.
Duties Description This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
The Maintenance Supervisor 2 is responsible for the supervision, coordination and technical support of new construction, maintenance, repair, renovation, and alteration required for the facilities to which they are assigned; to include utility and mechanical systems as well as buildings and grounds. The Maintenance Supervisor 2 will also be required to be perform skilled and semiskilled duties within the maintenance series. Incumbents of this position are considered essential personnel.
The position performs responsibilities in accordance with all current and amended, DMNA policies and procedures, federal and state statutes, and where applicable, the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and requirements of the National Guard Bureau (NGB), specifically the Master Cooperative Agreement (MCA) and supporting regulations. The Maintenance Supervisor 2 may report to state and/or federal supervisory personnel, and in some cases may be responsible for multiple facilities.
Specifically, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work comfortably in a team oriented atmosphere with civilian and military personnel, as well as demonstrate independence and self-motivation.
• Communicate with staff and supervisors in a clear and concise manner.
• Responsible for overseeing work performed by contractors to include monitoring and inspecting their work activities in order to ensure compliance with contract specifications and plans.
• Plan, supervise and provide technical direction, hands on assistance and instruction to subordinate staff.
• Provide assistance in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for specific locations and/or facilities.
• Provide input for the annual budget projections and project completions; manage assigned maintenance funding.
• Administer purchasing requirements for assigned facilities in coordination with DMNA Budget and Finance Purchasing Unit (MNBF).
• Reconcile all purchasing and travel records through the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Utilize all computer software required for agency operations.
• Coordinate with State Human Resources (MNHS) regarding hiring, counseling, discipline and other personnel related matters.
• Where applicable, coordinate non-military use contracts and activities with DMNA Facilities and Engineering Directorate (MNFE) to ensure the proper utilization of space and timely processing of agreements.
• Maintain a work order program in accordance with established policies.
• Review energy consumption at each facility and provide recommendation for conservation upgrades or procedural changes.
• Performs general grounds maintenance tasks.
• Regularly attend meetings at various locations.
• Complete and attend additional training as required.
• Will be required to supervise staff.
• Periodic overtime may be required.
• Regular travel will be required using various modes of transportation to include driving, trains, and air travel.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge of computer software utilized in support of facility operations -- specifically Microsoft Office Word and Excel; experience using databases.
• Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local facility and building codes, health and safety standards and other applicable rules and regulations.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Working knowledge of skilled and semi-skilled trades.
• Ability to read and interpret facility and grounds plans, specifications, manuals and blueprints.
• Ability to perform standard arithmetic computations in order to address the size and scale of various project details, and calculate quantity of materials and labor required for completion.
• Ability to get along with and interact well with different groups of people, including co-workers, management, both Federal and State personnel and the public utilizing the facility.
• Ability to perform routine repairs and maintenance on equipment and facility structures.
• Ability to work comfortably at heights in accordance with requirements.
• Ability to push, pull, lift and carry heavy objects and equipment (50+ lbs).
• Ability to work outside in various temperatures and inclement weather for extended periods of time.
• Incumbents of this position are considered essential personnel.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle, other motorized equipment and a variety of construction equipment.
• Ability to train and supervise subordinates.
• Demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness.
• Ability to read and write in English; good verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare documents in a clear and concise manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Working knowledge of agency policies, standards, responsibilities and procedures for the operations, administration and maintenance of DMNA facilities.
• Working knowledge of New York State personnel policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of New York State labor agreements and employee and labor relation’s policies and procedures.
• Familiarity with the Federal/State MCA.
• Experience working with SFS and other applicable databases.
Additional Comments This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
In addition: NYS Armory Staten Island receives a Downstate Adjustment of $3,026 annually.
REPOST – PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY FOR CONSIDERATION
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Notes on ApplyingREPOST – PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY FOR CONSIDERATION
To be considered for interview, submit a cover letter and resume. In e-mail subject line and cover letter indicate the title, location, vacancy announcement number of the position for which you are applying. Ensure to clearly note how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Please be certain to note your specific license or certification to meet requirements.
If you are a former public employee retired within New York State currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your cover letter.
Cover letter and resume may be submitted via E-mail (preferred method), FAX, or Mail. ENSURE TO COPY E-MAIL ADDRESS EXACTLY.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX to: (518) 786-4969
For Questions: (518) 786-4830
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs
State Human Resources Management
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Latham, New York 12110-3514
POSITION WILL BE POSTED UNTIL FILLED.
VAGUENESS AND OMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR.