Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor's degree.
3-5 years of work experience, with a minimum of two years of direct experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, project management, community engagement and outreach, or related fields.
Demonstrated interest in and passion for broadband infrastructure and digital equity, adoption, and literacy programs. A passion for closing the digital divide in New York and ensuring that solutions pursued by CAO are equitable and just.
Experience with project management, research, and basic data analysis. Prior experience supporting large-scale stakeholder or public engagement programs is a plus; strong facilitation and presentation skills before multiple types of audiences. Ability to travel in support of CAO projects and stakeholder engagement events.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting to the Director of Outreach, the Outreach Program Manager is responsible for internal and external stakeholder engagement in support of CAO's broadband deployment programs, programmatic asset mapping, cross-agency collaboration, and coordination with CAO's digital equity programs.
• Support internal stakeholder engagement activities, including collaboration and coordination with departments within ESD and with other State agencies
• Manage internal and external stakeholder engagement activities in support of CAO's broadband deployment programs, including:
o Developing and convening a broad network of digital equity stakeholders to identify barriers to broadband adoption, share best practices, and coordinate programmatic interventions
o Designing and executing events (in person and virtual) to engage a broad network of broadband stakeholders
o Managing purchasing, booking, etc. for events; developing and tracking event budgets
o Developing a comprehensive asset inventory to understand existing programs, resources, and organizations supporting broadband access and adoption
o Drafting and administering a survey to understand barriers to adoption faced by different populations within the state, summarizing and synthesizing results
o Conducting research and outreach to identify precedent best practices in broadband deployment programs that could be replicated in New York
o Other tasks, as designated by the Director of Outreach
• Collaborate with CAD's Digital Equity team to ensure that all outreach activities are conducted in a coordinated and strategic manner
• Develop and nurture relationships with stakeholder groups; facilitate local, state, federal, and tribal stakeholder inquiries and engagement requests.
• Develop content and materials for engagement with a diverse array of stakeholders across the state.
• Support the development of an overall communications and outreach strategy for CAD's interactions with other agencies, stakeholder groups, and the public, including coordinating with ESD's Marketing and Communications team, the Executive Chamber, and other State agency stakeholders.
• Oversee website content management; spearhead initiatives to develop new/updated content for site and develop new online public engagement tools.
• Maintain public mailbox and respond to/route inbound inquiries, as needed.
• Manage consultants to support stakeholder engagement and other outreach activities, as needed.
• Prepare oral and written reports and updates on status of stakeholder engagement and outreach activities.
• Other tasks as needed to implement the Governor's ConnectALL agenda.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY