Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor's degree in business, liberal arts and sciences; Master's degree preferred in business, public administration, liberal arts, social sciences, urban planning, or similar fields.
Relevant experience required: Three to five years' relevant experience.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong auditing, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State's geography and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through are highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management. Work as part of a project team; highly organized; strong communication skills — both oral and written; and high competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook & PowerPoint).
Other/s: Occasional evenings and weekend work.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Manage the administration of economic development incentives (grants and loans) from point of offer acceptance through funding disbursement for projects undertaken by businesses and organizations such as municipalities, and not-for-profits, and local economic development organizations.
· General management of a portfolio of active grants and loans; including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, compiling and reviewing information, negotiating terms, preparing directors approval documents and contracts including descriptive narratives, project presentations, and attendance of on-and off-site meetings.
· Communicate with applicants and applicant reps, including telephone, email and paper correspondence.
· Ensure that project information is accurate in the web-based Project Tracking System.
· Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Design & Construction, Contractor and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in preparation of board of directors' approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects.
· Review requests for grants/loan disbursement including extensive desk audits of project costs, testing for eligibility and completeness.
· Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as writing briefing memos, preparing complex spreadsheets, reviewing and improving processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing data and budget information.
· Assist Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director in coordination of Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development council (MHREDC) meetings and activities, including securing venues and/or online meeting rooms, procuring refreshments and supplies, organizing meeting packets, and registration.
· Respond to inquiries, address concerns, and explain ESD programs and services to companies, organizations, and regional stakeholders both solicited and unsolicited.
· Conduct online research and draft letters as may be required by the Regional Director or MHREDC.
· Relationship management among IDA's, Chambers, municipalities, and other key economic development agents and assist them with client servicing and business outreach.
· Manage with inter- and intra-agency coordination, intergovernmental coordination, and external organizations to originate, manage, and close projects.
· Manage project origination, site search requests, and lead intake.
· Prepare project origination materials, project reports, and MHREDC reports.
· Assist in administering Regional Council and Consolidated Funding Application projects within region.
· Other projects and duties as assigned by Regional Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY