Minimum Qualifications Education level required: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field.
Equivalent Experience required: Two+ years' experience in a finance/analytical environment, budgeting experience a plus.
Knowledge Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint: Experience in an accounting/analytical environment; Superior analytical skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Budgeting and PeopleSoft Financial Management System experience preferred.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The position will assist the Sr. Director of Budgeting with all ESD budgeting functions, including subsidiaries. Responsibilities also include preparing general ledger coding, generating various reports from the PeopleSoft Financial Management System relative to contracts, purchase requisitions, and payment requests, analyzing various budget sources and uses, and tracking usage against both operating and capital budgets. The position will liaise regularly with department and subsidiary staff.
• Assist in reviewing annual operating and capital budgets for departments and subsidiaries prior to submission to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and Controller.
• Track and monitor larger expenses in certain departments and subsidiaries for budget allocations.
• Prepare supporting schedules and analyses for quarterly operating/capital budget variance reports.
• Assist with Board materials for quarterly department and subsidiary budget variance reports.
• Analyze budget variances on regular basis.
• Review department purchase orders to ensure adequate budget capacity.
• Provide analysis of subsidiaries monthly cash flows and reconcile to fiscal year budget balances.
• Evaluate payment requisitions, sequences, amendments, and travel authorizations for budget purposes and provide budget analysis.
• Assist with special projects, analyses, and assignments.
• Function as back-up to Sr. Director of Budgeting.
• Prepare written, oral, and analytical reports as needed.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY