Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Associates Degree, Bachelors and/or Master’s degree preferred.
Experience required: 5-7 years of experience, preferably in state government, in some combination of MWBE and/or SDVOB, contract administration, regulatory compliance, grant administration, and/or construction. Contract compliance and financial auditing experience is preferred.
Knowledge required: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and using contract and data management systems. Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting to the Director, Office of Contractor & Supplier Diversity, the Procurement Compliance Manager will assist with developing and monitoring Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) participation goals and maximizing program compliance. The Procurement Compliance Manager will also refine and manage MWBE and SDVOB reporting and tracking systems, as well as prepare required reports for ESD procurements.
• Research, develop and negotiate MWBE and SDVOB participation goals with project sponsors or entities with ESD projects and contracts;
• Solicit, review and track compliance of MWBE and SDVOB utilization, commitments and workforce participation;
• Ensure data is accurately reflected in tracking systems and databases;
• Manage MWBE and SDVOB utilization for multiple high-profile projects, tracking compliance with NYS Executive Law Articles 15-A and 17-B;
• Review procurement and contract documents to ensure that applicable MWBE and SDVOB provisions and relevant requirements are accurately included;
• Liaise with contractors and to identify legal MWBE, SDVOB and workforce requirements;
• Provide individualized technical assistance to contractors and vendors;
• Present and participate in panel discussions, workshops and other activities at conferences and events;
• Visit Contractors at their offices and project sites, as necessary;
• Research and prepare lists of qualified and State certified MWBE and SDVOB companies and share such information with prime contractors and internal stakeholders to promote the inclusion of MWBEs and SDVOBs in projects;
• Prepare quarterly and annual contract compliance reports and other procurement reports, as necessary;
• Host business development industry events in support of ESD’s mission to promote a vigorous and growing economy by targeting business sectors that will increase participation with diverse contractors and grantees;
• Ensure adherence to diversity and best practices and provide the highest standard of customer service to all stakeholders;
• Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly office, interdepartmental and division-wide meetings and/or webinars; and,
• Complete projects, tasks and other duties as assigned by the Director of Contractor & Supplier Diversity and VP of Contract Administration.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY