Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in business, liberal arts and sciences, public administration, urban planning, or similar fields; or associate degree with an additional 2 years’ of direct/relevant experience.
Relevant experience desired: Minimum 3-5 years direct experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, related business or not-for-profit area.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through are highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Manage the activities of the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) project from point of offer acceptance through funding disbursement for projects undertaken by businesses and organizations such as municipalities, and not-for-profits, and local economic development organizations. This position will ensure the effective management of all New York State's federally funded State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) program. Federal funding for this position is anticipated for a ten-year timeframe.
• General management of an extensive portfolio of active SSBCI loans, including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, compiling and reviewing information, negotiating terms, preparing directors approval documents and contracts, presenting projects, and attending off-site meetings.
• Works directly with the SSBCI Director of Programs.
• Works with contracted vendors in creating documentation, procedures, policies, and controls.
• Maintain compliance through careful monitoring of policies and procedures and timely.
• Manage risks and dependencies, escalate obstructions, provide input on resolutions.
• Create written and in-person executive level status reporting.
• Manage contractors and partners.
• Ensure that project information is accurate in the web-based project tracking database.
• Design metrics that effectively measure and track success.
• Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Contractor and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in the preparation of board of directors' approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects.
• Review requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, work with project attorneys for loan closings, and oversee grant disbursements.
• Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as writing briefing memos, preparing complex spreadsheets, reviewing and improving processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing data and budget information.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure situations, changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Other projects as assigned by SSBCI Senior Team, if applicable.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY