Minimum Qualifications Education level required: Bachelors’ degree required. Masters’ degree a plus.
Equivalent Experience required: 5+ years’ progressive business or economic development experience, with the following preferred: Strong writing and organizational skills;
Policy & policy implementation experience, preferably in the field of economic development;
Broad knowledge of NYS government and, preferably, ESD programs and procedures;
Proactive, ability to work independently and problem-solve;
Experience in supporting executive management/leadership;
Critical thinking and ability to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness; and Broad experience in project management, communication, relationship building, and innovation.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Provide support to and work with the COO on efforts across ESD and on key projects and program implementation. Help ensure preparedness for meetings, track and facilitate ongoing execution of initiatives, collaborate with all levels of state government and external stakeholders, and provide guidance and direction internally and externally.
Leadership planning, policy development and project management:
• Coordinate interactions by the COO on interagency projects and initiatives.
• Provide guidance and direction internally and externally on projects and initiatives.
• Draft policy recommendations for various matters.
Working within the Executive Office:
• Coordinate meetings, and necessary materials, on behalf of COO for key priorities and projects.
• Assist in management of specific projects.
• Track and facilitate ongoing execution of initiatives.
• Coordinate with COO and ESD Leadership team on program and project matters relative to goals, objectives and accomplishments.
• Represent the COO, as required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY