Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications:
Current Senior Recreation
Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades of a Grade 14).
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: You must be certified and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State AND have two years of post-certification physical therapy assistant experience.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Physical Therapy Assistant 2 will work with the Senior Physical Therapist and/or Head Physical Therapist as part of the interdisciplinary team to support the individuals at their home, state run day habilitation program, and in the community to lead richer lives through IPSIDD and Article 16 clinic service delivery. This position will require travel in Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schoharie Counties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the Physical Therapy Assistant 2 include and are not limited to:
• Provide direct physical therapy services delivered through IPSIDD and Article 16 clinic under the supervision and direction of the Senior Physical Therapist or Head Physical Therapist
• Utilizing Electronic Health Records (EHR) for documentation for services provided
• Assist the supervising Physical Therapist with physical therapy services or assessments
• Assist the supervising Physical Therapist with inventory of Safe Patient Handling soft goods and durable medical equipment
• Work with the Adaptive Equipment Specialist to monitor equipment in the IRA’s and Day Habilitation Programs for maintenance and repairs. Assist the team in the delivery and installation of equipment
• Review EHR documentation and work with the Supervising Physical Therapist to ensure all plans are up to date
• Attend clinical team meetings, life plan meetings, and other medical appointments
• As part of the Physical Therapy team, provide and document in EHR bed inspections and assist in bringing a bed to policy compliance
• Provide trainings for residential and day habilitation programs on established physical therapy related plans and Safe Movement and Handlings (ongoing and in New Employee Orientation)
• Experience with complex rehab technology, wheelchair seating and positioning
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs and Electronic Health Record software
Selection will be based on interview and a review of current and past performance.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road - Building 1