Rockland Psychiatric Center, Building 57, Box 140
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled trades-person which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services.
Preferred Qualifications: Skilled in one or more trades; Demonstrates computer literacy; Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions; Valid NYS driver’s license
Duties Description Under the supervision of a higher-level professional trade individual or the Assistant Director Addiction Treatment Center, the incumbent will function as a journey-level skilled maintenance worker and perform a variety of skilled and semiskilled activities in response to maintenance program requirements in adherence with all Federal, State, and CARF (Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities) regulations and requirements. The incumbent is expected to work with considerable independence as is typical of a craftsperson.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and lay out construction, repair and maintenance projects.
• Perform a variety of skilled and semiskilled maintenance, repair, installation and construction tasks in the mechanical, building, motor equipment and electronic trades.
• Electrical maintenance work including the installation of circuits, lighting, and wiring.
• Plumbing maintenance work including the installation, alteration and repair of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, ventilating, heating control, water, and drainage systems.
• General carpentry duties, including the installation and maintenance of walls, ceilings, cabinets, doors, windows, flooring, and insulation.
• General masonry work including the patching of holes with fresh concrete; applying ceramic tiles to walls, floors, and ceilings.
• Painting and spackling.
• Inspection and Maintenance of the HVAC Systems.
• Maintenance of the building fire suppression system and fire alarm system.
• Operation and maintenance of the emergency generator.
• Serve as the liaison with the Office of General Services (OGS) and the OASAS Bureau of Capital Management for major repairs and renovations involving the mechanical systems of the building:
o Coordination and supervision of outside contractors performing maintenance and repairs.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers are tobacco free facilities.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, submit a current resume to Elizabeth.Madej@oasas.ny.gov Also, put the title and vacancy ID # 115395 in the subject line of the email. If you qualify via four years of experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled trade worker, please provide the name and title of the skilled trade worker and the years of experience.
To be considered for this position, you must CLEARLY indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above. Resume must clearly show candidate has four years of FULL-TIME experience in maintenance or mechanical work UNDER THE SUPERVISOR OF A SKILLED TRADE WORKER or completion of an appropriate technical school courses.
To be considered for this position, please CLEARLY indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, including skilled tradesperson that you trained under; include skill (i.e. plumbing, carpentry, electrical, etc.) and months/years of experience.