Minimum Qualifications • Candidate must be a Registered Architect licensed to practice in New York State.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in building design and construction.
• Demonstrated ability to work with non-technical staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Familiarity with residential codes and standards is highly preferred.
• The position will require travel to parts of the state on an on-needed basis.
Duties Description The Senior Architect position involves objective technical reviews on proposed projects prior to the submission of an application for funding, involves extensive oversight through construction completion, and continued technical analysis during a project’s regulatory compliance period, when occupied and operational.
• Technical assistance to help improve a proposed project's viability and cost effectiveness.
• Review of technical design and construction aspects of applications submitted for funding.
• Technical construction document review of projects selected for funding to ensure compliance with applicable building codes, accessibility requirements, Agency sustainability requirements, and Agency design requirements.
• Coordination with other Agency staff to ensure compliance with program requirements.
• Oversight during construction to ensure that all design and construction requirements are met.
• Technical oversight of completed projects during the multi-year regulatory period.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform reasonable related business duties as assigned. The primary working location will be in Albany, but occasional travel to other locations in New York State will be required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.