Minimum Qualifications • NYS Professional Engineer’s License and current registration
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in building design and construction.
• Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and ability to provide practical solutions to engineering problems;
• Demonstrated ability to work with non-technical staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Include at least 1 year of experience working on projects requiring knowledge and use of codes and practices
• Strong preference for candidates with experience designing, managing and/or reviewing projects that incorporate high performance cold climate heat pump technology solutions, energy recovery ventilators and other common mechanical systems with Passive House and carbon neutral buildings
Duties Description The Professional Engineer 2 (PE2), Mechanical is responsible for conducting analysis, planning, design and construction oversight of complex mechanical elements in both existing and new state-supervised affordable housing developments. The PE2 Mechanical will review plans and specifications for plumbing, heating/cooling and ventilating systems. The responsibilities also include advising outside design professionals in the design of mechanical systems to meet the minimum requirements of the agency.
• Technical assistance to help improve a proposed project's viability and cost effectiveness.
• Review of technical design and construction aspects of applications submitted for funding.
• Technical construction document review of projects selected for funding to ensure compliance with applicable building/energy codes, Agency sustainability requirements, and Agency design requirements.
• Coordination with other Agency staff to ensure compliance with program requirements.
• Assistance during construction to ensure that all design and construction requirements are met.
• Technical oversight of completed projects during the multi-year regulatory period.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employee will also perform reasonable related business duties as assigned. The primary working location will be in NYC or Albany, but occasional travel to other locations in New York State will be required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.