Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor's degree.
Relevant experience required: 3-5 years of work experience, with a focus on data science/analytics, geographic information science/analytics, urban planning/design/data, economics, research, or related fields.
Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills; proficiency with cleaning, manipulating, and merging public, proprietary, and internal data sets for analysis
Proficiency with ArcGIS/QGIS required; experience conducting geospatial, vicinity/buffer, site suitability, socio-economic, and demographic analysis using GIS preferred
Proficiency with Python/R/STATA/SQL/MATLAB/IMPLAN preferred.
Experience with census data, PUMS data, FCC 477 data, and public infrastructure asset classes preferred.
Experience developing clear and captivating data visualizations for a variety of audiences; ability to synthesize complex quantitative data into accessible formats for a variety of audiences.
Experience with survey and questionnaire design and analysis.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting directly to the Director of Research and Data Analysis, this position will be responsible for supporting all research and data analysis activities across the ConnectALL Office (CAO), supporting local broadband research and data collection initiatives across the state, and coordinating across agencies as needed.
· Support all research, data analysis, and reporting on CAO programs, specifically focused on evaluation program success and impact, support training on and enforcement of coordinated reporting processes and protocols.
· Maintain high-level dashboards for cross-project and cross-program reporting.
· Support complex data and geospatial analysis on broadband availability, affordability, and adoption; support summary and presentation of findings to inform CAO strategic priorities and program design.
· Conduct research and data analysis on key economic and other indicators to assess CAO program impact on communities.
· Develop initiatives to support locally based research and data collection efforts, including grant programs that may involve managing launch of application portal(s), communicating with applicants, reviewing, and evaluating proposals, making recommendations for project selection, developing data standards, and coordinating contracting process with selected grantees.
· Execute technical assistance program for potential research and data gathering grantees, including identify, vetting, and procuring subject matter experts to provide advisory support.
· Provide ad hoc advisory support and subject matter expertise for Broadband Deployment team's technical assistance programs.
· Support interagency coordination on ongoing mapping, data gathering, and research work.
including coordination on behalf of CAO with federal, state, and local mapping programs.
· Provide support and subject matter expertise to ensure that CAO public surveying efforts are statistically robust and that data is safeguarded responsibly.
· Prepare material, including data visualizations, for reports and presentations related to CAO efforts.
· Other tasks as needed to implement the Governor's ConnectALL agenda.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY