Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor's degree.
Relevant experience required: 6+ years of work experience, with a minimum of five years of experience in broadband/telecommunications deployment. Experience in outside plant design and in the management of network construction. Experience with local, county, and/or state government processes such as procurements, budgeting, planning, permitting, and regulatory concerns, preferably in New York. Experience directly managing staff, including mentorship and professional development. Experience leading or coordinating multiple, simultaneous projects. Experience building new program management organizations from scratch preferred.
Knowledge required: Deep expertise in best practices in broadband deployment and service delivery. Knowledge of various broadband delivery technologies, network designs and typologies, and technical and regulatory issues related to broadband and telecommunications deployment. Knowledge of program/project management tools, processes, and best practices. Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Suite and network design and project management tools.
Ability to travel in support of CAO projects.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of ConnectALL, the Senior Director of Broadband Deployment translates the ConnectALL Office's strategic priorities into program design and is responsible for the technical review and network architecture of all ConnectALL broadband projects across New York State.
· Work closely with the SVP to develop and implement strategic priorities for ConnectALL Office (CAO) broadband deployment programs, including developing high-level, public-facing and internal documents, such as RFIs, RFPs, Grant Disbursement Agreements, design standards, and documentation for federal grantors.
· Design and oversee implementation of technical assistance for potential grantees.
· Oversee design of broadband deployment programs, including defining technical and legal requirements, applicant eligibility, application requirements, evaluation and selection process, and reporting strategies.
· Oversee team responsible for critical aspects of grant programs in the ConnectALL portfolio, including soliciting applications, reviewing and selecting proposals, contracting with grantees, representing the CAO in project development partnerships, and managing project deployment or overseeing project management partners or consultants.
· Oversee collaboration with other ConnectALL teams to maintain design standards, review procedures, grant reporting, and the systems and tools needed to track and monitor project implementation and impact.
· Lead the development of standardized project management processes, tools, and systems for use across CAO broadband deployment programs.
· Represent New York on multi-state and federal broadband-related meetings; coordinate with local governments, New York State agencies, counterparts in other states, and federal agencies to identify and leverage best practices, share knowledge, and ensure success of CAO programs.
· Work with ISPs and government entities to streamline access, easements, permitting, make-ready, and other deployment issues for more efficient implementation of CAO programs.
· Develop internal- and external-facing materials to report on progress of CAO initiatives and use of funds.
· Support the ConnectALL Office with strategic policy planning, subject matter expertise, and other activities as required.
· Other assignments as required by CAO
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY