Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree. Professional Engineer license preferred.
Relevant experience required: At least 8-10 years of experience, with minimum five years of experience focused on field inspection and/or outside plant telecommunications construction and installation.
Knowledge of and experience with broadband delivery technologies, network designs and typologies, and technical and regulatory issues related to broadband and telecommunications deployment.
Experience generating or reviewing as-built documents, bills of materials, and other documentation of broadband projects.
Experience with broadband deployment, including both aerial and underground fiber placement and fixed wireless deployment .
Ability to travel extensively for inspections; must have driver’s license (mileage will be reimbursed based on agency-standard rates.)
Strong project management, time management, organizational, document coordination, and communication skills.
Experience with Microsoft Excel, ArcGIS and Google Earth preferred.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Director of Field Inspection is responsible for monitoring ConnectALL project implementation, reviewing design documents, verifying completion via physical inspections, providing data for compliance and reporting, and conducting field surveys to support statewide research and data collection.
· Conduct detailed physical audits of projects at varying stages to verify progress and completion, as well as conformance with approved project proposals and safety regulations.
· Work with Broadband Deployment team to identify standard inspection milestones throughout project implementation.
· Develop and implement standard inspection procedure, quality assurance plan, and acceptance criteria for inspection, testing, and approval of broadband installations.
· Define and implement procedures for deployment corrections or modifications, when necessary.
· Ensure compliance of all deployed projects with local, state, and federal regulations, applicable industry codes, as well as CAO technical program requirements.
· Maintain record of all inspection results, modification requests, and approvals; work with CAO leadership to ensure secure and organized storage of all records, with ability to generate reports.
· Communicating project risks, deployment concerns, progress updates, etc. to CAO leadership, as needed.
· Identify and procure tools, equipment, and software necessary to support field inspection and verification activities.
· Other tasks as needed to implement the Governor’s ConnectALL agenda.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY