Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree.
Relevant experience required:
• 5 years of work experience, with a minimum of four years of experience in project or program management, operations, human resources, chief of staff, communications, or strategy roles, with experience working on complex projects and coordinating across multiple teams.
• Demonstrated interest in and passion for broadband and related areas, such as privacy, cybersecurity, regulatory affairs, network technology, and digital literacy programs.
• A passion for closing the digital divide in New York and ensuring that solutions pursued by CAO are equitable and just.
• Experience with strategic planning, program design, project management, performance evaluation, public procurement and contracting processes, and data-driven analysis.
• Experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and executing contracts in partnership with legal and procurement teams.
• Deep understanding of and experience with government operations in New York at the State, regional, and/or local levels.
• Experience with strategic communications and engaging with diverse stakeholders.
• Organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple types of work simultaneously and quickly switch contexts.
• Passion for building and optimizing systems.
• Creative problem-solver and self-starter, able to push forward priorities without extensive executive guidance.
• Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
• Ability to travel in support of CAO projects and stakeholder engagement events.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Working closely with and reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, ConnectALL, this position will help define overall strategic priorities and organizational structure for the ConnectALL Office (CAO), define and track against key performance indicators for the office, and support design and implementation of all CAO programs.
· Work closely with the SVP to develop and implement strategic priorities for CAO.
· Coordinate across team leads, ESD legal and procurement offices, consultants, and partner agencies to design and implement ConnectALL programs.
· Oversee key aspects of the ConnectALL Office and project portfolio and manage staff to successful execution of all program goals.
· Support communication and knowledge-sharing across CAO teams; troubleshoot cross-team issues and identify opportunities for collaboration.
· Author and/or lead creation of high-level, public-facing and internal documents, such as executive briefings, RFIs, RFPs, Grant Disbursement Agreements, and documentation for federal grantors.
· Lead interagency and intergovernmental coordination; liaise with government stakeholders as needed.
· Support coordination, communication, and approvals within ESD.
· Assist with procurement for CAO, including for external consultants, new tools and services, and vendors.
· Liaise with ESD internal shared-service teams (IT, Legal, Marketing, etc.) to ensure that CAO programs and staff are properly resourced.
· Develop and implement office staffing plan and organizational structure; lead recruiting, hiring, and onboarding for new staff in partnership with team leads and ESD Human Resources.
· Work closely with the SVP and team leads to design and implement a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy for CAO staff in coordination with ESD initiatives.
· Develop key performance indicators for CAO programs and monitor team performance against goals.
· Oversee staff training and professional development, including defining performance evaluation framework consistent with ESD policies and flag personnel issues to SVP as necessary.
· Develop internal processes and systems and identify tools and services to support efficient office and program operations .
· Additional special projects, as designated by the SVP.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY