Minimum Qualifications Education level required:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in science, business, finance or related fields (or equivalent work experience in one or more of these sectors) required. Advanced Degree in Business, Law, Economics, Life Sciences or Public Policy preferred
5 years of experience with three or more years of investment related experience at a PE/VC firm, or in the alternative two or more years of investment banking, legal or strategy consulting experience or in working with and supporting companies in the innovation community
• Strong knowledge and passion for technology and entrepreneurship
• Solid writing and financial analysis background
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
• Analytical skill and ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations
• Excellent computer and organizational skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Director will be integrally involved in all aspects of developing, creating and managing the State Small Business Credit Initiative Pre-Seed and Seed Fund Program for the NY Ventures team.
The Director will be responsible for providing support to the NY Venture Fund’s Managing Director and senior staff in all aspects of executing the SSBCI pre-seed and seed fund’s investment strategy. The NY Ventures Pre-Seed and Seed Fund will invest in seed stage innovation businesses across NY. The focus is fostering a start-up ecosystem that creates new opportunities for diverse entrepreneurs to build and scale meaningful businesses in the state. Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Establish program protocols, processes, guidelines and structure for recruiting, sourcing, reviewing, diligence and managing new seed stage investment program.
• Create partnerships with angel, seed and institutional investors for sourcing deals and marketing of the program.
• Develop partnerships with accelerator, incubator and other partners across NYS for both support of applicant companies, sourcing of opportunities and marketing of the program.
• Create, collect and manage documentation of investment opportunities and data required to be maintained and submitted for program compliance.
• Provide generalized support, guidance and mentoring to applicant and investment companies.
• Create and prepare reports on program outcomes for internal and external audiences.
• Represent ESD and/or NY Ventures at conferences and meetings, make presentations and participate in panel discussions regarding building and scaling startup companies.
• Assist SSBCI Team in preparation for, and response to outside audits.
• Working effectively with other colleagues within ESD and NYS to further the development of the work of NYSIVC and the Small Business and Technology Division including developing new programs that support startup companies.
• Others special projects as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY