Duties Description Agency Summary:
The Division of Environmental Stewardship & Planning (DESP) located at the Albany office of NY State Parks is dedicated to the protection, conservation and resiliency of the State Parks and Historic Site system. By working collaboratively with stakeholders and partners, the Division provides education, training, and tools necessary to make informed decisions that balance responsible recreation with the needs of the natural environment.
The Education Program Assistant will work within the Division of Environmental Stewardship and Planning to manage administrative and outreach duties. The applicant will work with the Connect Kids Coordinator and also Parks Chief Environmental Educator. They must be able to work as a member of a team and be comfortable working in the office and from home. The applicant must have good organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication.
- Review and verify Connect Kids applications
- Prepare and process Connect Kids vouchers in State Financial System (SFS).
- Monitor The Connect Kids Program phone line and e-mail.
- Receive and organize incoming mail.
- Assist in maintaining the Connect Kids database spreadsheets and reports.
- Manage payment information in SFS and internal database.
- Manage and maintain electronic and paper files for The Connect Kids Program.
- Organize and assemble mass mailings for The Connect Kids Program.
- Work with Parks Environmental Educators creating a database of collaborative materials
- Review and update Education and Nature Center pages on Parks website
- Create quarterly Environmental Educator newsletter to share among educators
Additional Comments Operational Needs:
- Relevant experience in an office setting preferably in an administrative role
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and comfortable working independently
- Proficient computer skills including with Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation is committed to actively recruiting and employing diversity. All are welcome here, so don't hesitate to click apply!
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf you are interested in being considered for this position, please email a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line for the email please state: “DESP Connect Kids/Education Program Assistant Job Application”. Please email or call (518) 474 - 0409 with inquiries about the position.