Minimum Qualifications Education: Degree in Architecture and New York State license required.
Experience: 7+ years, including extensive experience and aptitude working with New York State and New York City zoning codes and related regulations. Preference for candidates with experience working on master plans and on multiple building types (commercial, residential, civic, etc.) and that have an understanding of urban planning concepts.
Knowledge: Broad working knowledge of architectural design and practice, building codes, zoning codes, structures, construction methods and materials, building systems, specifications, contractual and legal aspects of trades and procedures, as well as public bidding laws and practice,
etc. Drafting is not required but ability able to quickly and effectively mark-up .pdf plans and drawings is a must.
Licenses: Current registration of NY State Architecture License required; a driver’s license is recommended.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Working closely with members of the Real Estate Development and Planning team, the Senior Architect will be an integral part of multiple real estate development projects from the planning stage all the way to financial close. Among other roles, the Senior Architect will be expected to assist in the preparation and review of design guidelines for ESD projects.
· Review development proposals, legal agreements and contracts for design and construction issues
· Guide selected development partners and consultants through the ESD design review process
· Lead the procurement and management of outside design- and construction-related consultants including but not limited to architects, engineers and construction monitors
· Oversee the development of design guidelines (e.g., zoning overrides) for projects, in consultation with the project team
· Review and approve architectural plans for compliance with design guidelines
· As needed, review architect bulletins and change orders prior to agency approval
· Provide reports to the Real Estate and Planning team on project schedules and all work in progress
· Assist the agency in various in-house studies requiring architectural services
· Attend and staff meetings with and on behalf of the Real Estate and Planning team, including meetings with real estate developers, urban planners, planning consultants, local and state officials, and other community stakeholders
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY