Minimum Qualifications Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in architecture and/or engineering; preference for graduate degree.
Experience: Minimum 7 years in project management and oversight of large-scale construction projects.
• Preference for New York State license as a Professional Architect or Engineer
• Superior project management and leadership skills
• Superior knowledge of architectural design, and urban planning best practices
• Demonstrable on-site construction experience
• Demonstrable experience in multiple phases of the real estate development process
• Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Understanding of federal, state and local permitting, environmental review, and zoning requirements associated with major construction projects
• Ability to develop, manage and adhere to budgets and deadlines for large projects and oversee consultant and construction firm contracts
• Experience working effectively within and managing interdisciplinary teams
• Ability to manage design and construction staff
Preference for experience with alternative project delivery models, such as construction management at risk (CMAR), design-build (DB) (both progressive and fixed price), design-build-operate (DBO), and public-private partnerships (P3).
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Vice President will participate in the design, planning and environmental review of ESD real estate projects, oversee development of design guidelines for general project plans, and monitor projects during construction to ensure commitments and timelines are met. VP will ensure that projects are delivered within budget, on schedule, and in compliance with applicable local, state and federal requirements and related agreements. VP may also represent ESD on, and in some cases lead, inter-disciplinary interagency teams in the procurement, contracting, and expedited execution of large-scale design and construction projects. VP will also manage any design and construction staff, as relevant.
• Represent ESD and/or the State in overseeing all elements of project design, including development of design guidelines, and construction to ensure real estate development projects are completed within budget and on time, from conceptual design and, if relevant, land acquisition through construction administration and initial operation.
• Create and implement a system of quality assurance, constructability review, integrity monitoring, and institutional controls to assure compliance with design requirements and all applicable federal, state and local governmental laws, rules and regulations.
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams in a fast-paced environment, while simultaneously engaging with vendors, contractors, stakeholders, and other governmental agencies.
• Generate and review technical reports, plans, estimates, schedules and status reports, as needed.
• Ensure that all necessary project components are on track to be completed in a timely manner and according to schedule, identifying and reporting to EVP any scheduling issues and proposing revised strategies to keep the project timeline on track.
• Review plans and specifications, alternative designs, subcontracts and requests for payment, and make appropriate recommendations to ESD executive management as to each.
• Perform regular onsite visits during design and construction.
• Track Real Estate Development & Planning’s projects during construction, ensure overall compliance with General Project Plans, and flag and troubleshoot issues that arise.
• Manage design and construction staff within division, as relevant.
• Accept additional project responsibilities as necessary to ensure timely project delivery within budget.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY