Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration, Law, Public Policy, Urban Planning or related field. Extensive relevant work experience beyond the minimum years required may be substituted for the master’s degree.
Experience Required: 7+ years of work experience in urban or regional economic and/or real estate development, finance or related field, in a demanding analytic environment.
Knowledge Required: Demonstrated interest or experience in economic development, real estate, and/or public policy; strong quantitative skills and financial modeling, Excel proficiency preferred and must have valid driver’s license.
• Effective communication: demonstrates superior written and oral communications and presentation skills; communicates clearly and succinctly to experts and non?experts; summarizes key points efficiently and clearly; prepares professionally written materials suitable for dissemination
• Supervision: Ability to successfully manage teams, support and mentor staff, and ensure successful outcomes and project delivery.
• Collaboration: builds supportive, trusting relationships with agency colleagues; cultivates network of diverse colleagues from which to solicit information, feedback and resources; seeks to understand needs of colleagues and proactively identifies opportunities and offers support
• Attention to detail: carefully reviews work products before advancing to colleagues and external stakeholders to submit work that is context appropriate, clear and error free
• Multi-tasking: Comfortable juggling multiple complex and fast-moving projects and working under different supervisors on a variety of projects
• Active listening: listens and identifies potential issues and sensitivities
• Problem-¬solving: breaks down complex problems into manageable components; willing to question and revisit the status quo; able to navigate bureaucratic impediments to achieve pragmatic results
• Big-picture thinking: quickly gets up to speed on complex government bureaucracies, programs and policies; employs systems¬?level thinking to understand goals and interdependencies across agency; considers the impact of a decision both internally and externally, short- and long-¬term.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting to the EVP, Real Estate Development and Planning, the SVP will lead multiple real estate development projects from the planning stage through financial close as well as oversee several Vice Presidents and Directors leading projects. The SVP will assist the department in crafting strategy for developing new project ideas and developing them into a pipeline of future projects. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of real estate finance, urban planning and design principles, and project management, and has experience managing staff and leading real estate transactions against tight deadlines, ideally involving public-private partnerships and interdisciplinary teams.
• Supervise a team of Vice President and Directors; mentoring staff, creating structures for reporting and tracking and ensuring projects have the resources needed.
• Directly and through supervising staff, manage complex real estate transactions involving the planning and disposition of State-owned properties for economic development purposes, including:
o Drafting Requests for Proposals, presentations, procurement documents and other briefings and communications
o Preparing pro-forma and cash-flow analyses to support internal valuations of assets, and reviewing and analyzing developers’ financial models
o Conducting project research on planning and design, property values, rents, taxes, construction costs, environmental and historic features, zoning, etc.
o Procuring project due diligence consultants such as appraisers, engineers, and surveyors
o Preparing and updating project timelines, organizational charts, and other project management documents
o Leading meetings of and helping manage interdisciplinary teams throughout the public approvals and land disposition process. These parties may include landlords/landowners, developers, architects, urban planners, financial consultants, engineers, appraisers, title abstract companies, attorneys, environmental consultants, State and municipal agencies, and others.
• Assist in due diligence related to development companies, urban planning efforts and various real estate development projects, including compiling information on properties in the State of New York’s real estate portfolio.
• Build and maintain relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities; real estate and business groups; civic & community organizations; cultural and professional organizations; and advocacy groups.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY