Minimum Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area required. Master of Public Administration or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 5+ five years’ experience in economic development, community engagement, government relations, coalition building and/or political campaigns.
Knowledge/skills: Ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated record of working directly with local governments, elected officials and/or community-based organizations. Effective written and oral communication skills a must.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Empire State Development seeks an individual to join the Real Estate Development and Planning team. The position reports to the Vice President and Senior Vice President of Real Estate Development and Planning and will focus on community engagement, grant program development and implementation, and real estate asset transactions, primarily in upstate New York.
The candidate will also play a leading role in collaborating with other relevant state agencies, including OMH, DOCCS, OGS, DEC, Parks, and others while implementing redevelopment strategies for surplus properties and structuring real estate transactions.
• Develop and facilitate community and stakeholder engagement strategies within communities with surplus properties that have been identified as redevelopment priorities.
• Assist with the development and implementation of new grant programs focused on incentivizing redevelopment of surplus properties and local government assistance.
• Assist with prioritizing, writing, and marketing Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for surplus properties.
• Structure and negotiate real estate transactions, working with staff from relevant state agencies.
• Prepare project briefings and talking points for senior management and NYS Executive Chamber.
• Work alongside relevant ESD Regional Office staff to identify other funding sources for redevelopment projects.
Additional Comments Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
(Applicants will be considered for this position for the Syracuse, Rochester or Buffalo offices as well.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY