99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications "Current New York State Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 18.
OR: New York State employee with one year of permanent or contingent-permanent service in a title eligible for transfer to Senior Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 18, under Section 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: Critical thinking skills, analytical skills with Microsoft Excel, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience and/or education in healthcare and trend analyses.
Duties Description "
This incumbent will function as a financial analyst within the Bureau of Nursing Homes & Long Term Care Rate Setting within OHIP’s Division of Finance and Rate Setting (DFRS) in the management of rate setting functions for Medicaid fee-for-service nursing home capital rates.
The incumbent will perform analysis in their review of the preparation of rate packages for annual and supplemental rates for these programs, and will participate in the collection of cost report data. The incumbent will also interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, legal affairs, and program staff within the Department as well as other state agencies, consultants, state auditors, and nursing home Chief Financial Officers. Further, the incumbent will often be tasked with developing deliverables and occasionally presenting materials with executive staff in their Bureau. Additional duties include:
• Calculate and load the Medicaid fee-for-service capital rates for nursing home providers;
• Track, analyze, and project nursing home rates on a quarterly and annual basis;
• Process and review nursing home audit reports;
• Develop, organize, and improve policy and procedures for nursing home capital rate setting;
• Organize nursing home capital data, reports, and policies for executive staff review and recordkeeping;
• Prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State Regulations;
• Maintain the nursing home capital rate information on the Department’s public website; and
• Research, review, and interpret nursing home law.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference JGL/SHCFA/Multi Items included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/SHCFA/Multi Items, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.