Minimum Qualifications A minimum of ten years of senior level leadership experience in a complex organization, at least four years of which must be managerial. Managerial experience must include responsibility for implementation of program goals and objectives within established budgets and supervision or coordination of staff to achieve specific objectives. Candidates must have a master's degree or higher (MBA, Juris Doctorate or education related degree).
• Proven experience at the executive management level
• Understanding of business functions and activities such as HR, Finance, Legal, Risk Assessment, or Operations
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
Duties Description Under the direction of the President, provides administrative oversight and management of HESC operations and activities, and is responsible for the development, administration and execution of all New York State and federal financial aid programs as designated by law.
Essential duties include:
• Serve as the Chief Operating Officer of the Corporation, ensuring all aspects of operation smoothly and maintaining and driving operational results within the agency.
• Provide policy direction, administration and management over state and federal financial aid programs.
• Serve as a liaison with state and federal officials and various financial aid organizations.
• Manage day-to-day operations and advise the President on operations.
• Monitor projects, progress updates, and identify areas requiring corrective actions.
• Develop strategies for developing talent at all levels and coaching organizational leaders.
• Establish challenging and realistic performance goals and establish effective metrics to monitor and measure performance.
• Communicate and foster growth among the executive team and all employees.
• Implement the strategic vision of the agency in alignment with the Executive and President.
• Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with sister agencies, secondary and post-secondary institutions, college sectors, professional organizations and non-profit organizations from the higher education community.
• Foster a growth-oriented, positive, and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to State and agency policies, procedures and guidelines.
Additional Comments HESC is New York State’s student financial aid agency and a national leader in providing need-based grant and scholarship award money to college-going students. At HESC’s core are programs like the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Excelsior Scholarship, and Enhanced Tuition Awards programs, and more than two dozen other State scholarship and award programs.
HESC puts college within the reach of hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers each year through programs like these and through the guidance it provides to students, families and counselors.
HESC administers a total of 28 financial aid programs, and last year helped more than 300,000 students achieve their college dreams by providing more than $890 million in grants, scholarships, and loan forgiveness benefits.
This position will be located in Albany or New York City.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
The hours of this position require working until 5:00 p.m. This may require additional hours to meet business needs and operational requirements. This position is not overtime eligible. Telecommuting ability for this position is to be determined.
To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive Vice President in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by December 9, 2022.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with "Executive Vice President" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by December 9, 2022.