145 Old Orangeburg Road
Minimum Qualifications Three years of experience in large-scale cooking, one year of which must have included regular supervision of subordinate employees or working inmates.
Based on federal and/or state regulations, this position requires vaccination against COVID-19. Upon appointment, the selected candidate must be fully vaccinated, or willing to become fully vaccinated, against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of interview may not start working until two weeks after their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Cook, Grade 11, position at the Cook Chill Production Center (CCPC) located in Orangeburg, New York. CCPC produces wholesome food that meets the nutritional and budgetary needs of its customers, which include Office of Mental Health facilities, other state and government facilities, and non-profit agencies. Cook Chill is a system which prepares large quantities of food with an extended shelf life. Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare large scale recipes using Cook Chill methods to assure that the food meets all quality and safety standards.
• Evaluate ingredients and recipes for consistency and improvements.
• Measure, mix, cut, grind, and chop ingredients according to Cook Chill recipes using a variety of hand and power kitchen utensils.
• Supervise Food Service Worker 1’s and 2’s by:
- scheduling work assignments;
- providing oral and written instructions regarding materials, utensils and procedures to be
- overseeing and inspect performance to ensure that instructions, procedures and standards observed.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
• Working knowledge of recipes, methods and procedures used in preparing and cooking food in large quantities.
• Working knowledge of sanitary requirements concerning food preparation, cooking and storage.
• Working knowledge of the operation, cleaning and care of utensils, equipment and kitchen areas.
• Basic knowledge of nutritional values of food.
Additional Comments The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #117044 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.