Minimum Qualifications Qualifications/Relevant Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in fields such as public administration, mathematics, data science, economics, accounting, the social sciences or other related business or operational field. Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the fields of performance auditing, evaluation, oversight, or a project management-focused field. Applicant’s work experience sufficiency is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking skills, impartial judgment, and research aptitude.
• Excellent oral skills for interviewing, experience a plus.
• Excellent skills for documenting interviews, summarizing evaluation findings, and drafting reports.
• Ability to gather and interpret high volumes of complex data. High proficiency in Excel. Familiarity with advanced Excel techniques, Access, Power BI, or other data-analysis programs a plus.
• Knowledge of MS Office 365 modules (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, One Drive).
• High proficiency in Excel and familiarity with advanced Excel techniques, Access. Power BI, or other data-analysis programs a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to interact effectively with department and agency staff and more senior management.
• Construction-related experience is a plus.
• Pursuant to authorization by the EDIG/Audit, this position is subject to tele-working.
• A two-year commitment is required.
Duties Description Duties & Responsibilities
• Serves as the team lead, responsible for the planning, conducting, and reporting on assigned questions regarding MTA operations and policy.
• Participates as a team member on the most complex audits reporting directly to an Audit Supervisor or Audit Manager, as assigned.
• Supports investigative cases with analysis or participate as part of the investigative team, as assigned.
• Evaluates agency or program performance using qualitative and quantitative methods to determine expectations/standards, problems, causal factors, and options to correct.
• Reviews agency processes, procedures, and controls designed to manage and mitigate risk, fraud, waste, and abuse of agency resources.
• Identifies issues and develops a plan to assess their significance.
• Conducts interviews of agency and other personnel and prepares clear and concise interview memoranda.
• Develops appropriate recommendations to improve agency operations, cost-efficiency, and safety.
• Provides leadership, direction, and feedback to junior staff on the team.
• Responsible for meeting project milestones.
• Develops and maintains professional working relationships and continually gains knowledge of evolving agency operations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Deputy Inspector General for Audit (EDIG/Audit) or her designee.
• Works in a team environment to identify issues and develop methodology to assess their significance.
• Analyses data using a variety of software to identify risks.
• Plans and leads moderately difficult audits, or a section of a complex audit.
• Contributes ideas during project planning and is proficient with audit protocols.
• Drafts reports with supervision.
• Conducts multiple audits simultaneously.
Additional Comments How to Apply
Please email a résumé, cover letter, including where you viewed the posting to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
In order to protect our employees and continue to provide safe and reliable service to our communities, as of November 14, 2021, we are requiring all new MTA hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. MTA will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. “Fully vaccinated” means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date?
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.