Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: BA in an IT related discipline with minimum of 3 years' experience in related field; Or a 2-year degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Relevant experience required: Extensive experience in an IT Project Management. Experience with varying types of project management methodologies in including Waterfall and Agile. Strong understanding of Information Technology, Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data and develop detailed reports.
Knowledge required: Strong proficiency with current Project Management tools including Monday and Target Process. Experience with Office 0365, Excel and budgeting tools. Ability to work with a diverse group of people at both a functional and technical level and communicate at a level appropriate to audience; Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Aide in overall management of IT related projects, working to help define of project scope, gather business requirements, define project deliverables, create and manage project documentation, create and manage project timelines. Maintain and track project activities, map tasks to team members, manage project risk and track the project over the entire lifecycle utilizing leading project management tools. Assist with ESD Disaster recovery efforts and provide technical assistance in any other area of IT as directed by department managers.
Work Performed (List duties of this position):
• Primary duties will shift based on the needs of the Senior IT Project Manager
• Assist in analyzing business requirements and developing project plans
• Aid in the creation and maintenance of extensive project documentation
• Assist in conducting risk assessments for projects and developing a plan for managing those risks
• Aid in the tracking of key performance indicators using appropriate tools and techniques
• Assist in managing changes to project scope, schedule and cost
• Liaise with other project managers, end users and 3rd party vendors in support of project goals
• Assist in developing templates to be used by program staff as a guideline for excellence in processes and procedures
• Assist in the monitoring and tracking of all progress and action items on all projects, including monitoring deadlines, notifying responsible parties of upcoming deadlines, and preparing reports for ESD management and other stakeholders
• Aide in the implementation of new system and interface change enhancements
• Perform other related duties and / or projects as directed by IT Management Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY