875 Central Avenue
Minimum Qualifications "A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of experience* in data visualization, statistical models and data mining tools, or relevant experience. Two years of this experience must have been at a managerial level. Additionally, two of the seven years must include experience coordinating/managing data analytic projects in healthcare administration, business administration, government administration or a related field; OR an Associate’s degree and 9 years of the required experience or 11 years of the required experience.
*A master’s degree in data analysis or related field may substitute for one year of the general experience. A Ph.D. may substitute for one additional year of the general experience.
Duties Description "Reporting to the Deputy Director of the Office of Aging and Long-Term Care, the Project Director will oversee the Data Analysis, Visualizations, Reports & Management Unit and OALTC Data Systems & Operations Unit of the, and will collaborate with the Project Coordinator and the Data Collection & Quality Control unit of the Center for Data Collection, Analyst & Management to:
• Develop structures to collect and manage all OALTC data. Applications utilized: SharePoint Sites, SharePoint Lists, Microsoft Power Automate, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS, Tableau, Drupal Surveys, Health Commerce Systems’ HERDS Surveys, SQL Developer, R Studio, Python, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Acrobat. • Using OALTC data to develop, implement, and maintain Tableau data visualization dashboards for OALTC operational usage. • Identify trends and operational actions for the OALTC Centers by using statistical models, time series analysis, and structural equation model (SEM) of OALTC data. • Develop, implement, and produce reports using OALTC data and other data sources for the OALTC Centers program areas. • Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data. • Collaborate directly with program managers to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build positive relationships. • Directly respond to Public Health Emergencies by working with Agency and OALTC leadership to establish data-related solutions and data analytics. • Assist with the annual Federal CMS budget and with data necessary to respond to state budget requests, legislative and regulatory agendas. • Provide surveillance, enforcement reports, and solutions, including updates to regulatory sets for LTC survey staff including reports from the Federal ASPEN database. • Promote and create efficient IT/Data solutions for OALTC program needs. • Support and assist the Center for Policy and Regulatory Initiatives with the goal of improving health and equity across the aging spectrum. • Generate and distribute weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reports for OALTC leadership and program managers. • Manage and maintain the data for Federal, State, and Local health systems for the OALTC programs. Health systems include ASPEN, OASIS, Minimum Data Set (MDS), Heath Facilities Information System (HFIS) HCS Electronic Plan of Correction (EPOC), and DOH Health Data NY. • Administer the OALTC collection and collation of the reported OALTC license facilities and entities’ financial data. • Document and maintain procedures for all activities completed by the Center for LTC Data Collection, Analysis & Management. • Implement and maintain data collection systems for newly implemented Health Regulations, laws, or policies applicable to OALTC Centers. • Continuous evaluation of organizational data methods and providing source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets. • Ongoing learning of best practices for data management by attending seminars and reviewing other training sources.
Additional Comments "Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Twelve (12) paid holidays yearly
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave yearly
• Five (5) days of paid personal leave yearly
• Eight (8) days of paid sick leave yearly
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave yearly to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Employees and eligible dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)"
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference BL/PD/46213 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, BL/PD/46213, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.