Minimum Qualifications Candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Juris Doctorate/JD Degree from an ABA accredited law school;
• Active New York State Bar admission status, must be in good standing—candidates admitted to practice in other jurisdictions may be considered;
• Demonstrated experience with legal document review and a working knowledge of proper e-discovery procedures;
• Proficiency with legal analysis of privilege redaction and logging issues;
• Proficiency with one or more e-discovery “Document Review Platforms” (i.e., Relativity, Concordance, etc.) including running searches, conducting quality control, or training reviewers;
• Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat;
• Customer and team-focused with the ability to effectively communicate and liaise with staff at all levels;
• Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills;
• Excellent project management skills, including experience in developing management reports, processes, and systems that predict timely results within budget;
• Prior experience supervising staff and managing e-discovery teams is preferred; and
• Completion of Relativity Certifications and/or Certified Specialist in E-Discovery (CEDS) (or equivalent) is preferred.
Duties Description The Practice Technologies Group (PTG) in the New York State Office of the Attorney General is seeking an attorney to serve as an E-Discovery Document Review Manager (EDDRM). The EDDRM will play an integral role within the PTG which is responsible for providing litigation support services including e-discovery, document review, and consulting on document collection and review. The position reports to the Section Chief for E-Discovery and will be located in either New York City, Albany, Buffalo or Syracuse offices.
EDDRM duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Performing legal document review;
• Managing aspects of legal discovery document review for OAG e-discovery matters as team lead;
• Determining relevance and privilege status of documents in a review;
• Liaising regularly with review attorneys, AAGs, IT, and legal support staff on current and prospective projects;
• Building and supervising review teams including overseeing team quality and productivity, coaching low-performing contract attorneys, conducting daily briefings with reviewers to resolve issues, providing consulting services, training and end user support to attorneys, legal support staff and client agencies, and ensuring projects remain on track;
• Preparing schedules and regular status reports;
• Ensuring quality on deliverables prior to production; and,
• Maintaining and expanding technical proficiencies as well as following developments in e-discovery and litigation technology processes and methodologies.
Additional Comments The salary for this position is $75,914 + $3,026 in location pay (if applicable). As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you may be required to provide regular negative COVID-19 PCR test results at a frequency determined by the agency. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
28 Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please go to the OAG website, www.ag.ny.gov, then click on the “Resources” tab and select “Employment Opportunities,” Reference No. DOA_PTG_NYC/ALB_6238
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter
? You may address to Legal Recruitment.
? Indicate your location preference: New York City, Albany, Buffalo or Syracuse.
? Indicate why you are interested in this position and what makes you a strong candidate.
• Writing Sample
• List of three (3) references
? Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
? Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
? Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
? Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov