Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Economic Development, Real Estate Finance or a related discipline preferred.
Experience required: 5 years, Urban planning, real estate development, financial analysis or other economic development experience in a demanding analytic environment preferred.
Knowledge required: Strong quantitative skills and financial modeling, Excel proficiency is preferred; strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills; ability to 'set up the problem', manage projects against tight timelines, and work well in teams; ability to look at the big picture and search for insightful, creative solutions; ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities; enterprising and resourceful, organized and results oriented; energetic, pro-active, collaborative and strategic; knowledge of New York State and/or general issues relevant to economic development.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Director of Real Estate Development and Planning will work closely with the Executive Vice President for Business Development and the staff of the Real Estate Development Division to leverage surplus and underutilized State properties towards economic development and the generation of additional revenues for Empire State Development (ESD) and New York State (NYS.)
• Develop reuse strategies for surplus and underutilized NYS propertied that take into account market conditions, priorities of local communities and competitive advantages of properties
• Manage the sale of a portfolio of properties
• Lead negotiations with designated developers for portfolio properties
• Serve as the point person for several large-scale land use and open space planning initiatives throughout NYS
• Interface with staff at NYS agencies as well as with local and county governments that partner with ESD on real estate projects
• Assist in the oversight of several subsidiaries to ESD
• Development of reuse plans/strategies for surplus properties located throughout NYS
• Drafting Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for portfolio properties
• Provide analytical and technical support to a variety of projects across NYS
• Support the Executive Vice President for Business Development in advancing real estate development and business attraction projects
• Assist in the development of General Project Plans for high-impact Civic Projects throughout NYS
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY