Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area; Master’s preferred.
Experience required: 8-10 years relevant experience in community relations and legislative/ constituent affairs.
Skills required: Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential.
Knowledge of State and City government structure and/or processes.
Experience mediating resolutions amongst groups with diverse interests. Must have managerial/supervisory experience
Demonstrated ability in problem solving.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Oversee community and government relations for ESD’s real estate development projects, including signature projects such as Atlantic Yards, Penn Station, and World Trade Center. ESD seeks a highly motivated individual with excellent relationship building and communication skills to coordinate contact with external stakeholders, including elected officials and community organizations.
• Work closely and collaboratively with REDP staff and ESD leadership to effectively promote all real estate initiatives to critical stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
• Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with real estate, government, community, civic, and business leaders.
• Provide strategic leadership to the EVP of REDP and other ESD senior leadership on the effective communication about real estate projects and initiatives.
• Respond to a wide variety of inquiries from elected officials’ offices and assist with resolving constituent concerns.
• Manage a team of six community relations staff tasked with engaging elected officials, community organizations, and other relevant stakeholders about ESD real estate initiatives.
• Serve as liaison on signature projects to local community boards, elected and appointed officials, community organizations.
• Oversee communication with local stakeholders; ensure positive project development and maximum community support.
• Develop and execute community relations strategy for economic development projects state-wide.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and manage an array of projects through to completion
• Ability to actively listen and synthesize the information; communicate effectively with all levels of staff and external contacts
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY