2 First Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates who meet either of the qualifications listed below (Option #1 or Option #2) are eligible:
A master’s degree in a mental hygiene discipline (occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, psychology, recreation therapy, rehabilitation counseling, education, and nursing), hospital/health administration, or other administrative area specifically related to health care, sociology, statistics, or quantitative research, or a license to practice medicine in NYS or Canada.
Six (6) years of experience in a mental health program or health care setting that includes two (2) years of managerial experience in at least three (3) quality management component areas such as program evaluation, clinical risk management, standards compliance, survey readiness, utilization review, or a closely related area.
Managerial experience in only two (2) of the quality management component areas noted above requires an additional year of such experience; managerial experience in only one (1) of the quality management component areas noted above requires an additional two (2) years of such experience.
A license to practice medicine or a doctoral degree may substitute for one (1) year of the general experience.
A Master's degree in a mental hygiene discipline (including physician assistant, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, speech pathology and audiology, communication disorders, psychology, recreation therapy, rehabilitation counseling, education, and nursing), hospital administration, community mental health, business or public administration or other administrative area specifically related to health care, behavioral or social science from an accredited school; or a valid license to practice medicine in New York State or Canada. Current registration or licensure required where applicable.
Four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative, consultative or supervisory experience in a mental health program including one of the following:
1. One (1) year of satisfactory experience in a position as administrative head of a multi- disciplinary treatment team;
2. One (1) year of satisfactory supervisory, professional, or administrative experience in the development, operation, and/or implementation of the mental health service delivery system for State facilities, counties, or local/private agencies in two (2) or more of the following areas: program development, management procedures, community organization, resource planning, funding, program proposals, advisory boards, consumer and community advocacy and intergovernmental relations.
Additionally, all candidates must be eligible to participate in Federal health care programs (e.g., Medicaid). Individuals excluded from participation in these programs will not be considered.
Duties Description The DDPC 1 – QM is an essential member of the facility’s Executive Management Team. Under the general direction of the Executive Director and in close collaboration with the facility leadership team at RCPC, the DDPC 1 – QM participates in developing, implementing, interpreting, and evaluating facility mission, goals and policies to support quality management through providing quality care and clinical treatment to the youth and families served. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the oversight of the facility's overall Quality Management Program which includes supervision of the following departments: program evaluation, risk management, utilization review, health information management, and staff development. As a member of the facility cabinet, the scope of this role includes ensuring standards compliance, cultural competence, and continuous quality improvement; and ensuring the quality and effectiveness of the care and treatment provided in the facility’s inpatient and outpatient treatment programs.
Additional Comments Rockland Children’s Psychiatric Center (RCPC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Director, Psychiatric Center 1 – Quality Management (DDPC 1 – QM). RCPC, a New York State operated, Joint Commission accredited mental health facility, provides inpatient treatment as well as a wide variety of outpatient services, including intensive day treatment programs and clinics for children and adolescents. The facility serves the following counties: Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess.
For further information, please visit the facility website at:
Background Investigation and Fees:
All prospective employees will be fingerprinted and undergo a complete Criminal Background Check against New York State and federal criminal history records. Candidates will also be subject to a check against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, and the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR) maintained by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS). Candidates may be required to pay the fees associated with these background checks. Employment is contingent upon your complying with and satisfactorily meeting these background investigation requirements.
1. It is the candidate’s responsibility to clearly demonstrate how they meet minimum qualifications. Vague or ambiguous information will not be interpreted in the candidate’s favor.
2. In order to be hired and to maintain your employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists. If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists, you may be terminated from your employment.
3. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
4. Office of Mental Health (OMH) hospital employees must be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may not start working until two weeks after their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Plus location pay of $3,026.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates interested in employment at this location should submit a resume by January 2, 2023.
Human Resources Specialist
Attention: DDPC 1 – QM– RCPC
NYS Office of Mental Health
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
PHONE # (518) 474-1261
Email submissions preferred
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.