Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List. Provisional appointment may be considered. Provisional candidates will be required to take an exam. There are no minimum education or experience requirements for this exam.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate and will be evaluated against the following criteria:
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• The ability to present ideas clearly and effectively in the preparation of correspondence and reports and in dealing with people on the phone and in person.
• The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with agency staff and outside agencies.
• The ability to effectively follow up on correspondence and phone calls when needed.
• The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of computers, Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Excel, and agency computer systems.
• The ability to readily adapt to new assignments and changing priorities.
• Possess an acceptable attendance record and work record (e-file).
Duties Description • Organize, maintain, and update hard copy and electronic information.
• Assist with letters, documentation, files, and reports.
• Create and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets when necessary.
• Assist with maintaining the Business Office Shared Mailbox and File Share Spreadsheet
• Reconcile P-Card transactions for purchases made in the Statewide Financial System (SFS)
• Maintaining of records for Purchasing Unit
• Retrieve and enter data into Statewide Financial System (SFS) and other web-based software systems as required.
Additional Comments Please note:
OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.