Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1, 52.6 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 21 or above.
For a 52.6 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 21 or above.
For a 70.4 transfer to this title, you must:
• have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-21 or above; and
• meet the current or anticipated open competitive minimum qualifications for this title; and
• not have failed the last promotion or open competitive examination for this title; and
• have passed an examination appropriate for this title and have standing on that eligible list.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
• Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement. (Information Technology Specialist 3 » Department of Civil Service (ny.gov))
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
Duties Description • Collaborate with Payroll’s business teams to gather and refine business requirements.
• Analyze functional requirements and develop technical requirements/specifications.
• Investigate ways to apply delivered PeopleSoft technology as a solution to business problems, providing associated benefits and risks of the approach.
• Analyze the best approach for implementing customizations.
• Assist team members in creation of design documents and other related system documentation. Review and approve final technical design.
• Code new programs and modules and/or changes to existing programs and modules.
• Assist team members with development tasks, as needed.
• Enforce Oracle PeopleSoft application coding standards are followed and validate code against those standards.
• Perform program testing/tuning and assist others, as needed.
• Ensure a test plan/test conditions are created, including regression conditions, and that all conditions have been successfully tested.
• Help staff troubleshoot production issues and provide on call support when needed.
• Conduct technical walkthroughs and code reviews of proposed system changes.
• Manage and monitor user acceptance testing of all code changes in a test environment, as well as resolution of any defects.
• Assist staff with implementing new features, resolving technical issues.
• Collaborate with group supervisor to evaluate resource availability and priorities for work assignments undertaken by the Payroll Payments team.
• Assign work to direct reports and monitor their progress. Work with team members to develop time frames around critical dates to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Report progress in a timely manner to ensure assignments are completed on time and/or re-baselined, as needed.
• Keep current on Oracle PeopleSoft technology and mentor team members in current and new technologies.
• Encourage professional development for team members and assist in developing training plans that will enhance the team’s ability to deliver solutions.
• Provide guidance to team members regarding policies, procedures, time management, and other reporting.
• Deliver timely evaluations and development plans for staff, encouraging high professional and ethical standards.
• Manage personnel issues for direct reports.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in PeopleCode (1 year to 2 years).
• Demonstrated experience in SQL.
• Demonstrated experience in PeopleSoft SQR.
• Demonstrated experience in MicroFocus COBOL.
• Demonstrated experience in business programming relating to payroll.
• Demonstrated experience with programming tools/IDEs (i.e. Eclipse, Ultra Editor, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with database management tools (i.e. TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with Oracle SQL (i.e. writing/tuning SQL, modifying tables, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Application Engine.
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Integration Broker.
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Portal.
• Demonstrated experience in supervising others.
• Proficient at communicating with technical staff and customers alike.
• Strong analytical thinker with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience in handling high pressure situations, including the ability to work under tight deadlines, troubleshoot production issues (both during shift and on call), and able to shift priorities with minimal guidance.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 12, 2022. Reference Item #00867-OER-EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Susan St. George, 518-408-4115
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.